Assistant Hospitality and Events Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Hospitality and Events Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £28,000|
|Start Date:||2019-08-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||August 12, 2019 13:54|
We are currently recruiting for a very exciting job, an Assistant Hospitality and Events Manager to be based at Brighton and Hove Football club. This is an operation role, supporting the Hospitality and Events Manager to ensure the smooth running of all events. The role will involve managing site specific conference and banqueting bars and the hospitality services in accordance with contract and SLA’s in place. The ideal candidate will also deputise for the Hospitality and Events manager in their absence.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £28,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.Main responsibilities
- Drive retail sales and profit performance through management and monitoring of KPI’s; sales, labour,
- margin and expenses and line management of the hospitality manager
- Control all match day and non-match day staffing operations via communications with the Staffing Manager
- Continually seek ways to enhance quality through innovation and cost efficiencies by monitoring performance against existing standards and ensure that standards across the site are in accordance with the SLA’ in place
- Liaise with other depts. to ensure that the unit payroll is administered and inputted correctly using UDC for establishment staff and casual workers in accordance with their T&C’s.
- Lead and manage the C& E team and actively promote Brighton & Hove Albion FC for both internal and external clientele
- Undertake duty management and operational shifts as required
- Facilitate a high support, high challenge performance management culture that motivates an engaged workforce
- Experience in leading a C&E and restaurant operations team
- Operational knowledge, skills and experience in managing multi service operations
- Deliver excellence in operational service standards and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate resilience when faced with conflicting business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and employees at all levels
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative when deputising for the Hospitality & Events Manager.
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's