Assistant Head of Housekeeping
|Job Title:||Assistant Head of Housekeeping|
|Salary:||£23334 - £27831 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Brendon Mtengwa|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019 12:49|
Seeking to recruit a Head of Housekeeping For A university in Birmingham, this is a vital role within the University to ensure the University is prepared for the days and weeks ahead, this role is vital with supporting both the staff and student experience, ensuring a safe and clean campus at all times.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of housekeeping services to staff, students, visitors and conference delegates cross the entire University. Daily supervision of the of the housekeeping team, ensuring high standards of safety, hygiene, security, leadership are met at all times and ensuring University Policies and Procedures are followed. It is also expected that a hands on approach will be needed as and when required. The post holder must be passionate about delivering an exceptional and outstanding delivery service.
You must have a formal training qualification, continued demonstration of CPD and hold a formal health and safety qualification, have extensive experience within delivering a cleaning service. Able to deliver change management, knowledge of financial management, IT systems, train others, have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Provide leadership, support and motivation to the housekeeping team.
- Coordination of the delivery of the housekeeping services.
- Supervise the day to day arrangements for the department.
- Be responsible for the delivery of staff training within the housekeeping department.
- Prepare staff and contractor rotas to support the requirements of the University.
- As a key member of the Campus and Commercial Services department, the role holder will attend and represent the University at student and staff forums, and at internal and external events.
- Monitor annual leave and sickness absence, conduct return to work interviews where required, implement various HR policies and procedures.
- Compile and monitor housekeeping records.
- To actively promote and encourage open communication.
- Sit on student incident panels and investigations as and when required.
- Participate in the Estates out of hours call out rota.
- Motivate, lead and manage all direct reports, setting individual objectives and managing performance to achieve departmental objectives and targets.
- Drive operational change and improvement by establishing efficient day to day operations within all of the commercial areas outlined above
- Support and input into the PREVENT strategy and supporting procedures. Support staff development and appraisals, promoting staff development and delivering the IIP aspiration.
- Be responsible and coordinate the departments skills matrix, ensuring inductions to new or temporary staff and ensuring the skills matrix is up to date.
- Complete Accident and near miss reports.
- Support the Estates Department with water management and compliance testing.
- Member of the University Incident team, first aider within the department.
We offer a range of Staff Benefits including Staff Membership for all Sports/Leisure Facilities, along with Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care, Catering Facilities, Library Services, Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and Counselling services, Child Care Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Travel Discount Cards, Staff Development opportunities, free on-site parking and a Staff Common Room.
37 hours per week
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£8.21 - £10.00 per annum
Global Head of Insights
Head Bartender - Hotel - Brockenhurst - Salary of £21,000+Tips
Up to £21000.00 per annum
Assistant Manager- Wareham - £10.50 p/h (Package of up to £30k)
Up to £26000.00 per annum + Tips + Company benefits