Assistant Head Chef (Evenings and weekends)
Overall Objectives: To assist the Head Chef in the management of the kitchen operation and ensure the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
* To ensure food production, standards, costs & menu planning are carried out in a timely fashion, as agreed with the Head Chef.
* To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the section as appropriate.
* To assist the Head Chef with compiling food orders and developing new food concepts.
* To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
* To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
* To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
* To be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
* To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
* To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
* To assist in the development of the kitchen team by empowering it, supporting it, encouraging it and maintaining an 'open door' policy.
* To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
* To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
* To ensure all financial controls, costings, wastage and orders are met within the client budget.
* To ensure purchasing is made using nominated suppliers and a system for quality and credit controls is maintained.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
* To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environmental legislation and procedures.
* To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
* To ensure safe working practices are followed and equipment faults are reported to the Head Chef.
* To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
* To promote and encourage environmental improvement initiatives as appropriate within the business.
* To ensure compliance with the company's policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
* To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of the Head Chef and attending training courses as identified.
* To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
* To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
* To attend to any reasonable request made by the client or Holroyd Howe Management.
* To assist / deputise for the Head Chef.