Assistant Employment Coach
- Job Reference: 00048507-1
- Date Posted: 1 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Salary: £19,554 to £20,994
- Sector: Government & Defence, Healthcare & Medical, HSE
- Job Type: Permanent
We are seeking talented individuals to join our team as Assistant Employment Coaches. You will make initial outbound welcome call to engage customers following a referral to the scheme. Organise and undertake job search/job club activity on a 1-2-1 or group basis for example, preparing CV’s, support with applications, promoting relevant job opportunities to customers, Reverse Marketing of customers to employers etc. You will need to be a motivational adviser to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals obtain sustainable employment.
• Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance
• Sensitively handle any customer concerns about joining the scheme or returning to work.
• Support with initial appointments and customer assessments
• Maintain accurate records within the operating system.
• Support the Employment Coach to progress customers using a variety of appropriate strategies
• Deliver a positive experience to new customers, ensuring they engage with the Em-ployment Coach and the programme.
• Identify potential barriers restricting the participant moving into employment
• Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc.
• Fully understand the local labour market, to source suitable job opportunities.
• Undertake direct marketing to employers using digital media e.g. email, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
• Provide necessary pre employment support, e.g. travel planning, work wear etc. and maintain ongoing support to customers upon entering employment where required.
Skills and Experience
• A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
• Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Busi-ness
• Experience of delivering services to meet contractual and quality standards
• Knowledge of the employability industry
• Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guid-ance’
• Full driving licence
Salary: £19,554 - £20,994 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Bury St Edmunds - Please note this is an office based role.
Hours: 37 hrs (full time) 8.30am- 5.00pm Monday -Thursday, Friday 8.30am -4.30pm
Closing Date: 16th March 2022 (Rolling campaign due to high volume of activity)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams