|Location||Newbury, Berkshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£23000 - £23500.00 per annum + no late evenings||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Exciting opportunity for an assistant chef/supervisor in a production kitchen in Newbury - No Evening Work!!
Salary: Up to £23,500
Hours: 06.00-14.00 5/7 days
Working within a wholesale kitchen in Newbury you would be responsible for heading up the unit day to day. The unit produces freshly made sandwiches, pastry items, stews, smoothies and various other items for retail sale.
The role will involve supporting the head chef and supervisor the team. Manage the team on a day to day basis.
Main Areas of Responsibility….
- To prepare the food as required by the daily production plan
- To produce the quantities on the production plan, whilst understanding and managing production regarding:
- Quantities and yields;
- Recipes and oven capacity;
- Stocks and product availability.
- To assist with the placing of orders for ingredients daily and rotate the stock of products on a FIFO basis;
- To assist the Kitchen Assistants in their activities;
- To liaise with the wholesale kitchen chef regarding orders from the email and ensure their inclusion in the production plan (wholesalers/late orders);
- To embrace the HACCP and SALSA systems and the requisite procedures with no exception;
- To embrace the H&S regulations and the requisite procedures with no exceptions;
- To work with the Wholesale Kitchen Chef to ensure the level of purchases is correct;
- To report to the Wholesale Ktichen Chef as to day to day issues and targets;
- To assist with ensuring the fulfilment of the daily orders
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following….
- Great focus on product quality;
- Great focus on HACCP and Food Safety principles
- Team Player with management skills
- Computer literate (email)
- Interested in working in a fast pace environment, meeting new challenges every day and tasting new products very often!
Salary and Benefits….
- Up to £23,500 P/Annum
- Great working hours
- 28 days holiday
- Working for an expanding independent company
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Anna at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application
Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details.