|Location||Plymouth, Devon||Job Type||Temporary|
Assistant Buyer required for our expanding client on the outskirts of Plymouth, we are seeking a dynamic Assistant buyer on a temporary to permanent basis, competitive salary depending on experience. This is a full time position working in a friendly modern office which is easy to get to on public transport but also has on-site parking.
The role will involve developing relationships with new and existing suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing.
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers.
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers.
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets.
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships.
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share.
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through from attending buying appointments with the Buyer to UK & foreign travel where necessary.
- Placing of orders,attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Graduate or equivalent
- Previous buying experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to commit to foreign travel as required
- Discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for details
- Pro-active and able to show initiative
If you are the right person for this role please click apply now or call the Acorn Plymouth office to discuss further.