|Job Title:||Assistant Buyer|
|Contact Name:||Xavier Ayling-Brasnell|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 08:53|
Assistant Buyer required for our expanding client on the outskirts of Plymouth, we are seeking a dynamic Assistant buyer on a temporary to permanent basis, competitive salary depending on experience.
The role will involve Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
· Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
· Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
· Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
· Achieve margin and product sell through targets · Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
· Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
· Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through from attending buying appointments with the Buyer to UK & foreign travel where necessary . Placing of orders,attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
· Graduate or equivalent
· Previous buying experience in a retail environment
· Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
· Good judgement and decision making skills
· Numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
· Ability to commit to foreign travel as required
· Discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
· Keen eye for details
· Pro-active and able to show initiative
If you are the right person for this role please click apply now or call Acorn on 01752 265500 to discuss further.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's