|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Izabelle Thomas|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 11:35|
This role will suit someone who is highly organised, accurate and used to working in a fast paced and busy accounts team.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Monthly accounts preparation including deferred income, prepayments and accruals, stock adjustments, and Profit and Loss and sales analysis
• Manage debtors including monitoring of aged debts, preparing the bad debt provision and daily reconciliations
• Process purchase invoices, manage / reconcile supplier accounts and prepare the weekly payment runs, ensuring prompt payment of suppliers
• Intercompany invoicing
• Balance sheet reconciliations and cash flow forecasts
• Manage fixed assets, including additions, disposals, depreciation and inter-company transfers
• Assisting with the monthly payroll processes including sickness, commission, new starters / leavers, PAYE payments, posting the pay journal and reporting on staff absence
• Prepare the quarterly VAT return and submit monthly Intrastat returns
• Review expenditure for cost reductions and processes for efficiency improvements
• Continue to automate workflow, improve spreadsheet efficiency and work with the IT Manager on system / reporting improvements
The ideal candidate will be part-qualified CIMA / ACCA with strong Excel skills. This is a varied position which will offer plenty of opportunity for development.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's