Asset Coordinator - Egham - £23k - £25k
Initial set up to work from home with a move back to the office on rotation when safe to do so. Strong COVID procedures in place within the office and compliant to government regulations.
We are currently assisting our global client based Egham near to Staines with their search for an experienced Asset Coordinator to join their expanding company.
The function of this role will be to facilitate timely completion of key stages of the ordering, receiving and shipping process.
Using relevant reports, relationships, supplier and product knowledge your role will be to constantly seek to improve margin, limit inventory liability and optimise backlog to maximise the on-time delivery performance to end customers.
We are not looking for a standard Purchasing Exec / Buyer who is only used to dealing with a handful of buys per day / week. This role is fast paced and involves high volume of transactions.
You will be used to working with inventory and handling a high volume of work.
Duties of the role:
* Completion of daily, monthly and weekly reports
* Responsible for quickly and accurately resolving discrepancies
* Active involvement in minimising the excess inventory levels
* Identify pricing changes of new supplier cost books and decide on amendments to match new pricing dependent on supplier T&C's
* Consistent review and purchase of products
* Develop constructive business relationships with suppliers, departments & regional contacts
* Influence suppliers into changing their processes to improve service levels
* Sell ideas and concepts to others and use ability to convince
* Graduate level qualifications or similar work experience
* Previous experience in Backlog or Asset Management and Buying / Purchasing
* Able to organise and prioritise, act in a proactive manner
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Ability to proactively identify areas where current processes are flawed
* Able to multi task and act effectively when under pressure
* Able to be flexible, adapting to the needs and demands of different situations
* Awareness of class, BU and Supplier strategies and able to apply to daily tasks
* Negotiation / persuasion skills
Apply now to be considered for this fantastic opportunity within a reputable company. We have interviews available over the next 2 weeks for this role.
The role is offered with exceptional benefits including 25 days holiday, great onsite facilities and COVID procedures, car parking, private medical, dental insurance, life insurance, travel insurance, pension and much more!
Due to high response levels only suitable candidates will be contacted back on this occasion but your details will be retained by We Work Recruitment for future job opportunities unless stated otherwise on your application that you do not wish us to hold your details to seek out other suitable roles for you.
* On-site parking
* Discounted/free food
* Private medical/dental insurance
* Company events & social hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
When the business does return to the office this be be on rotation basis initially