Assembly Shift Leader
- Job Reference: 00032794-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Abercarn, Gwent
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
Here at The BBI Group, we are recruiting for roles to support its work as part of a UK Government consortium, tasked with developing and manufacturing a Covid-19 Point of Care antibody test to support the government strategy on COVID-19 testing.
This test would be used by people in their homes to determine if they have an antibody response to COVID-19, which would confirm previous infection. The test, together with the UK Government’s overall strategy on testing and vaccination, support a move towards detecting and eradicating the virus.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a progressive and growing organisation, which is contributing to South Wales and the UK’s resistance to the pandemic.
We are proud to be an integral part of this project and looking for talented individuals to join us, we are currently hiring an Assembly Shift Leader on a fixed-term basis at our Global Headquarters in Crumlin, South Wales.
BBI Solutions has served the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years, as a leading developer and manufacturer of raw materials and finished test platforms for the in-vitro diagnostics market. Product ranges include antigens, antibodies, enzymes, serums and plasma’s as well as renowned labels for lateral flow and ELISA assays.
Our mission is to deliver exceptional products and technologies that people rely on to enjoy a better quality of life. Through innovation, partnership, effective delivery and the collaboration of our people, we constantly strive to help set industry standards, engender trust and build our reputation for excellence.
Recognising that our people are our strength, we offer an attractive benefits package to our employees:
* 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance (4x Annual Salary)
* Private Health Care Scheme (Including Access to Digital GP, Physiotherapy, Stress Helpline)
* Global Employee Wellbeing Programme
* Generous Annual Leave Package
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Refer A Friend Scheme
* Free Onsite Parking (Including Electric Charging Points)
* On Site Cafeteria (Including Free Tea and Coffee Facilities)
The Assembly Shift Leader Role
As an Assembly Shift Leader, you will be responsible for the running of an assembly shift within the assembly area. This includes line managing the team on the shift and dealing with any issue that arises within the shift. The role includes oversight of small scale, manual and automated assembly.
The Assembly Shift Leader will be responsible for achieving the required efficiency and quality and for reporting the outputs to line management.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
* Manage a specific shift, including the line management of assembly supervisors.
* Ensure shift outputs align with the production plan
* Ability to bring specialist technical knowledge for lateral flow into the team. Develop and deliver training in areas around specialist knowledge.
* Ability to identify and implement key improvements in assembly methods utilising continuous improvement tools
* Managing and completing change control and document updates as and when required
* Adherence to BBI’s Quality System, including raising of non-conformances, CAPA’s and deviations.
* Ensure GMP Compliant Records from self and team.
* Ensuring batch records and defined checks are completed accurately and in real time.
* Operation, maintenance, calibration, set up and cleaning of various equipment. Maintenance and cleaning of the production area.
* Participation in Validation Activities. (When Required)
* Leading equipment and process failure investigations and trouble shooting.
* Ability to work with colleagues in other functions to disseminate specialized knowledge as required
* Ability to give clear and appropriate communication with colleagues to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Complete work to BBI health and safety requirements.
* Lead training of new starters where appropriate.
To be successful in your application for Assembly Shift Leader, you will need to demonstrate a solid understanding of manufacturing processes, including ISO 13485, 21 CRF Part 820 or any other relevant standard. We are seeking an experienced line manager with a knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter