What you'll be doing?
If you are looking to transition into construction management this could be the programme for you. Starting in March or September, this is a one-year programme. Bringing prior experience from the Armed Forces, the aim is to become a fully qualified Assistant Site Manager at the end of 12 months. This programme is for those who thrive in a fast paced environment and have the drive and focus to deliver results and develop into a leadership role.
There’s a comprehensive and structured induction programme from the moment you join. Through training and ongoing support from the construction team you will learn everything you need to understand the build process and grow essential site management skills. This is all achieved through development modules and on-the-job learning along with self-development and manager coaching sessions.
How far you go will be driven by you. Where there is passion, the ability to see the bigger picture, ambition, appreciation of customer service and building relationships, and someone who can drive change, we see our Site Managers and even Construction Directors of the future on this programme. Your own personal career aspirations, your ability to perform and hunger to succeed, will drive the rate and pace of career opportunities and further development available.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will undertake a course of study and work experience over 12 months preparing you for the role of an Assistant Site Manager and beyond.
You will be expected to:
- Follow the Assistant Site Manager Programme, including attending development modules and the simulation centre
- Continue to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor
- Support the Site Manager in ensuring that the onsite construction team is fully resourced and well directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities and provided with full support in achieving these
- Support the Site Manager in coordinating trades and directing labour and materials to meet the production programme
- Work in conjunction with the Sales team to ensure that regular meetings are attended and all procedures are adhered to
- As and when required, deputise for the Site Manager
- Ensure high standards of Health and Safety on site
What you'll need?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- The ability to prioritise and problem solve in a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining high standards
- Self-confident and self-disciplined articulator with excellent time management skills
- Calm and controlled under pressure whilst supporting the people in your team
- Resilient and results driven for self and business
- Appetite for learning and gaining experiences in all areas of site management and customer care
If you have experience related to construction, so much the better, but if you can demonstrate a passion for our business, we’re ready to listen. You'll also need to develop a clear understanding of housebuilding and how you want your career to progress.
View our careers page for the locations that these positions are available in.
Our Company and Benefits
We’ve been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder eleven years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- £24,000 salary (£27,000 in London and Aberdeen). This is negotiable for those who bring management/leadership experience from other industries; for example Armed Forces.
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies