If you are looking to transition into construction management this could be the programme for you. Starting in September/October, this is a one-year programme. Bringing prior experience from the Armed Forces, the aim is to become a fully qualified Assistant Site Manager at the end of 12 months. This programme is for those who thrive in a fast paced environment and have the drive and focus to deliver results and develop into a leadership role.
There’s a comprehensive and structured induction programme from the moment you join. Through training and ongoing support from the construction team you will learn everything you need to understand the build process and grow essential site management skills. This is all achieved through development modules and on-the-job learning along with self-development and manager coaching sessions.
How far you go will be driven by you. Where there is passion, the ability to see the bigger picture, ambition, appreciation of customer service and building relationships, and someone who can drive change, we see our Site Managers and even Construction Directors of the future on this programme. Your own personal career aspirations, your ability to perform and hunger to succeed, will drive the rate and pace of career opportunities and further development available.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will undertake a course of study and work experience over 12 months preparing you for the role of an Assistant Site Manager and beyond.
You will be expected to:
- Follow the Assistant Site Manager Programme, including attending development modules
- Continue to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor
- Support the Site Manager in ensuring that the onsite construction team is fully resourced and well directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities and are provided with full support in achieving these
- Support the Site Manager in coordinating trades and directing labour and materials to meet the production programme
- Work in conjunction with the Sales team to ensure that regular meetings are attended and all procedures are adhered to
- As and when required, deputise for the Site Manager
- Ensure high standards of Health and Safety on site
Current vacancies available are as follows:
- Bristol x3
- Watford x1
- Guildford x2
- Kent x1
- Southampton x2
- West London x2
- East London x2
- Manchester x1
- South Wales x1
- York x1
- Leeds x2
- North East x2
- Nottingham x2
- North Scotland (Aberdeen) x1
- Northampton x17
- Eastern Counties x6
- East Midlands x4
- Hungerford x5
- Cambridgeshire x4
For more information on our Divisional locations please visit barrattdevelopments.co.uk/contact-us/divisional-offices