Area Services Co-ordinator
|Job Title:||Area Services Co-ordinator|
|Salary:||£28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 12:12|
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to be a key part of our wastewater treatment business and the development of a new area services team. You will be part of a team who will provide specialist technical support to performance managers across an area, with a particular technical specialism in health and safety.
This role will be critical in helping to ensure that the agreed compliance and service levels are achieved both now and in the future, and enable us to drive strategic change. This role will also be responsible for the controller of premises duties.
- Provide technical support to performance managers and technical co-ordinators to meet operational performance and customer service targets.
- To manage any facilities related issues, liaising with the appropriate people.
- To support our work as being a good neighbour in the local communities where we are based, you will work to update the odour management plans, track audit actions and monitoring of routine inspections.
- To support a culture of behavioural safety is ensure that the health, safety and wellbeing of employees and other affected persons is top priority.
- To be responsible for controller of premises activities, including ensuring we are compliant with routine inspections relating to fire, asbestos, legionella etc.
- Assist / lead field activities such as supervising contractors on site as appropriate, reviewing contractor risk assessments, issuing of permits and health and safety as required, including grounds maintenance.
- Take responsibility for safe working practices which comply with company procedures including: health and safety legislation, and other related issues.
- Conduct SHE inspections and spotting and reporting hazards and near misses in a timely manner.
- Ensuring COSHH risk assessments are created in place.
- We are looking for someone who has a broad range of maintenance and health and safety skills.
- Ideally with a strong working knowledge and health and safety legislation and application within the water industry.
- You will have good communication skills and a proven knowledge and understanding of the operation of maintenance and mechanical and electrical assets.
- You will also have good report writing skills as well as good IT skills.
- Due to the nature of the role you will be required to travel between sites so a full UK driving license is essential.
- Experience with delivering projects.
Would you like to be part of a team that has a positive impact on the environment and the manufacture of green energy? Working side by side with our performance managers, you will be part of the team that will be instrumental in helping the business to make a step change in how we drive maintenance leadership. This team will also allow us to make improvements in the safety and security of our sites and is a key enabler to helping us to achieve our wider ambitions.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a generous holiday allowance (which increases to 30 days with length of service), and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region, who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head Of Hard Services
£65000 - £75000 per annum
UK Tax Services Manager
£65000 - £70000 per annum
Technical Services Director
Home Based with travel
£competitive dependent on experience
Electrical NICEIC Building Services Engineer 39k
£38000 - £39000 per annum
£9.00 per hour