Area Sales Manager - Norway
|Job Title:||Area Sales Manager - Norway|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hannan|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2019 12:09|
REPORTING TO Head of EMEA Sales
PACKAGE Comprehensive - DOE
The company is headquartered in London and operates globally. They provide digital solutions to the maritime industry. From their position as the world's largest supplier of navigational charts and publications, they are pivoting to become the industry leader in digital navigation and compliance.
Their market-leading solutions help clients improve the cost-efficiency of ship operations, the situational awareness of their crews, managers and owners and assist them with ever-growing compliance requirements.
They have grown their business significantly in the last year and are looking for a new Area Sales Manager based in Norway to join our Sales team.
To be responsible for the sales of Charts, Publications, Digital Products, Update Services and associated Charts Business services to customers within an allocated region.
Working with the Commercial Team to take ownership of the whole sales process from prospect identification, through qualification, presentation, proposals, negotiation and finally closing the sale.
Post sales activities to ensure that levels of service are maintained and that opportunities for upselling are exploited.
• Identify and prioritise key market areas
• Exceed targets set out in bonus scheme for allocated areas
• Key account management
• Negotiate and agree contracts
• Understand customer requirements and advise on customised services
• To work with those staff responsible for customer retention in order that non-digital customers see the company as their provider of choice for a digital solution
• Help identify new markets and services
• Plan and execute sales activities in conjunction with the Head of EMEA Sales
• Input data into CRM system to feed the sales forecast
• Use the CRM system to provide information on opportunities and customer meetings.
• Use the software tools supplied to prepare quotations for new customers
• Make presentations to both customers and internal departments
• Provide and maintain data to support the Marketing Databases
• Maintain continuous awareness of products and services
• To become a product expert in terms of digital products, solutions and value add
• Provide input for Product Development and new Product design
• Maintain continuous awareness of competitor services
• Attend conferences and exhibitions, meeting with customers and agents.
• Provide support and input for marketing activities such as new brochures, mail shots, exhibitions etc.
• Travel overseas is required and is considered a regular feature of this role.
Requests could be made at short notice.
• Any other tasks associated with the above functions
• The job holder will be expected to comply with any reasonable operational instruction or procedures relating to Company policies, reporting and controls. In particular Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 provides a duty on every employee, while at work, to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
• It also places a duty on employees to cooperate with their employer so far as is necessary to enable their duties to be complied with including the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Failure to comply with this duty may result in the Company invoking the disciplinary procedure.
• Proven track record in sales, specifically closing deals and maintaining margin.
• Must be a driven self-starter
• Must be able to demonstrate a history of driving sales through new business.
• Must be willing and able to travel on a global basis
• Knowledge and experience of sales to the ship owner / ship manager sector
• Fluent spoken and written English to facilitate communication with ships owners and managers
• Sufficient commercial acumen to reliably negotiate contracts
• Conversant with standard MS Office software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the skills required to be able to use sales and CRM software packages
• Training will be provided but the ability to quickly absorb information and understand and communicate USPs and product differentiation is essential.
Job Title/Employee Area Sales Manager
Customer relationship management
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Area Sales Manager - EMEA
£40000 - £55000 per annum
Commercial Area Sales Manager-Marine Safety
South East England
Area Sale Representive / Manager
£32500 per annum, Benefits: Company Car, IPad, Laptop
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Sales Account Manager
£19380 per annum, Benefits: + Company Car + Fuel Card + Uncapped Coms