Come and join FTA as an Area Engineer in the Gloucester area. As an FTA Engineer you will be carrying out audits and maintenance inspections of vehicles, ancillary equipment and administration systems.
Why work for FTA?
- A Great Culture: Best Companies One to Watch 2019.
- Amazing Pension Schemes: Legal & General Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme (minimum employee contribution 3% and FTA’s contribution 8% after 3 months service or auto enrolment (contributions of employee 2% & FTA 5%)
- Healthcare & Wellbeing: BUPA cash plans, eye test vouchers and an Employee Assistance Programme subscription.
- Company Vehicles: Company car or van (please note a van is leased during your probation and then on successful completion of probation you will be able to chose a vehicle from our approved list)
- Salary: Starting on £34,000 then upon successful completion of probation it will increase to £35,202
- Generous Holiday Allowance: 25 days holiday, bank holidays, plus a Christmas leave arrangement.
FTA is one of the largest business groups in the UK, supporting, shaping and standing up for efficient logistics across the nation. Our members are from the road, rail, sea and air industries, including manufacturers and retailers. We represent our members as one, unified voice for the whole logistics industry and ensure our members’ needs are met in both UK and European policymaking.
Our technologies help our members remain compliant with UK and EU regulation and members benefit from a range of services such as auditing, compliance, training and advice. The importance of the FTA and a united logistics industry is now greater than ever given recent technological changes, Brexit and other disruptive forces shaping the industry.
- To support planning and organisation of all work allocated including contact with customers.
- To work safely, following all of FTA’s laid down procedures.
- To ensure that the high standards and quality of work set by FTA are achieved at all times.
- To complete all allocated tasks within timescales required and maintain productivity targets.
- To ensure that all documentation and reports are accurately completed.
- To ensure that FTA’s electronic systems and laptop information is securely protected, and that all of that information is consistently transmitted to Head Office
- To actively engage with customers, providing cost effective and practicable solutions if required.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as directed.
- To assist the Regional Operations Manager in other duties, as requested.
- To demonstrate the company values (Reputation, Excellence, Togetherness & Dynamism)
To be considered for this role you must be:
- Fully trained HGV, PSV or MHE Engineers, as appropriate, with relevant technical qualifications.
- Minimum required qualification C&G Motor Vehicle Craft Studies Heavy Vehicle, Motor Vehicle Technicians Heavy Vehicle or (S)NVQ level 2 in HGV, PSV or Heavy Plant. We may also consider candidates with a minimum demonstrable 3 years HGV/PSV workshop experience and current car licence with minimal points.
- 3 Years previous experience inspecting the specific vehicle type is required in order to meet IRTEC requirements.
- Have an occupational driving licence “C (HGV)” or “D (PSV)” is a requirement as road testing a vehicle is part of the inspection. If a candidate has a category “D” license we will consider training them to achieve a category “C”
- Good IT proficiency and ability to pick up new systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- A good understanding of the challenges of working in the Field.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable
- Good working knowledge of HGV/PSV testing standards.
The role requires flexibility from the successful applicant and an understanding that it does involve regular travel and occasional overnight stays to ensure all work is completed.