Architectural Technical Manager
- Job Reference: 00028009-1
- Date Posted: 19 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Architectural Technical Manager
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
At Bloor Homes we build more than quality homes. We build sustainable communities for future generations to enjoy. Our Architectural Technical Manager is a vital role in our large, family-run business who liaises with internal departments and external consultants preparing, submitting and managing planning applications for our new homes developments and working with our Planning and Technical Teams.
We are recruiting for an Architectural Technical Manager to be based in our East Midlands Region.. Our busy technical department ensures that our construction teams have something to build, and our sales teams have something to sell. You and your team will prepare sketches, layouts and designs, and assist the Technical Department with implementation of schemes once planning consent has been granted. You may also appoint and manage external consultants as required, mentor Trainees within the Department, and liaise with Sales and Construction Departments, as well as surveyors and our Commercial Department.
* Liaise with Internal Departments and External Consultants to assist with the preparation, submission and management of planning applications
* Instruct development planning layouts
* Ensuring that the design complies with the Company’s standards
* Promoting design that respects budgetary constraints
* Liaison with Sales and Construction departments to ensure most appropriate housetypes are being plotted
* Procuring surveys and investigations necessary to facilitate design
* Complying with the Company’s procedures relating to coverage ‘what if’s’ and layouts which consider mix, design, buildability and efficiencies.
* Review current materials palettes with Commercial Department and get acceptance from Planning Authorities
* Prepare Sketch overlays for re-plans and plot substitutions
* Establishing and maintaining design / project programmes that accord with procurement and construction requirements and timings
* Preparation of Sales Area Layouts
* Assisting with the timely discharge of planning conditions
* Appointment and management of external consultants as required
* Review and manage preparation of Design Codes and Design and Assess Statements
* Mentoring of Trainee Architects
* Assisting Technical Department with implementation of schemes once planning consent has been granted
* Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
* Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
* Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Previous experience in a housebuilder’s design and technical department
* Previous experience in managing a team.
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
* Ability to use AtuoCAD in a professional environment
* Enthusiastic, dynamic and determined to deliver quality projects
Company car, phone and Laptop/tablet
Bupa Health Care Cover
Scottish Widows Pension Scheme
33 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays)
Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location)
Discounted rates on building materials, home items and media packages from our suppliers
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV