Architectural Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Architectural Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£36000 - £42000|
|Start Date:||2019-05-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 12:18|
Sodexo are currently seeking an Architectural Project Engineer to join our offshore & marine projects team in Aberdeen.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:Package description
- £36,000 - £42,000
- Performance led bonus scheme (10% of salary)
- Flexible benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- Execution of all Offshore project works
- Cost control of the above-mentioned projects and liaising with clients to ensure client satisfaction is achieved during the complete lifecycle of the projects
- Design solutions and feasibility studies for work scopes provided by clients
- Completion of offshore work packs. Work packs consist of work scope, MSDS, COSHH, risk assessments.
- Allocation of workforce to specific jobs based on skill sets
- Discussions with logistics to ensure work force are on helicopter flights offshore to rigs/boats, etc.
- Discussions with shipping companies for sending material containers offshore
- Material quantity take off and procurement subject to gathering quotes from suppliers
- Offshore surveys
- Leadership of ad-hoc labour pool, primarily when offshore completing refurbishment works
- Cost control and analysing/gathering of costs at the completion of projects to issue final accounts to clients
- Undertake the materials management and logistics for ensuring that the materials arrive offshore safely and in a timely manner
- Point of contact for the offshore project team in order to provide any project support in order to resolve any technical queries
- Procure and manage offshore projects through to completion of final account
- Design, engineering and construction background ideally in both onshore and offshore environments
- Be able to understand the clients requirements quickly with the ability to transfer them into tasks
- The ability to provide accurate costs, technical back up, resource and manage successfully from conception to completion
- Experience working in the construction industry with a proven track record of results
- Ideally educational qualification at bachelors level or proven experience and work history within a similar role
- Be familiar with industry general practice for project management/engineering and have a high level of understanding and knowledge of construction regulations relating to both on shore and offshore environments
- Ability to demonstrate managerial skills by successfully coordinating projects team and associated 3rd party consultants (structural, electrical, mechanical engineers)
- Experience of undertaking surveys, strong design and detailing skills and enthusiasm for design philosophies relating to the improvement of end user well-being.
- Experience with interfacing with local authorities, approval bodies in order to obtain necessary approvals.
- Sound financial knowledge with the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of project estimating, cost control, material specification and project scheduling.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of dealing with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Strong IT skills are essential – inclusive of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Project, AutoCad. 3D Visualisation would be advantageous.
- SAP experience is preferential
- Offshore projects experience is preferential
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £40000 per annum
£25000 - £35000 per annum
£18000 - £25000 per annum
£30000 - £40000 per annum
£25000 - £35000 per annum