Apprentice/Trainee Dental Nurse
- Job Reference: 00071610-1
- Date Posted: 29 April 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oundle, Northamptonshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
We are a private, Family Dental Centre whose mission it is to ensure that you receive the best quality dental services in a comfortable setting.
We’re easily accessible for those in Peterborough and Oundle.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit somebody curious and motivated to embark upon a rewarding dental nurse career.
You will be enrolled on a government funded apprenticeship, and supported throughout the learning journey by your practice and tutor. Upon completion of your studies you will qualify as a dental nurse and be able to register with the General Dental Council.
Please apply now!
What the role involves
* Opportunity to work full time Monday - Thursday 8:15am - 5:15pm and Friday 8:15am - 4:30pm
* Understand the vision and brand message for the practice and deliver outstanding customer service experiences
* Between 15 and 18 month government funded course seeking a Dental Nursing Level 3 qualification
* The role will be 80% on the job learning and 20% studying with a reputable course provider
* The course is delivered in a ‘blended learning’ style i.e., coursework and portfolio pieces will be completed online or in a classroom environment
* The dental nurse apprenticeship consists of unit exams, a portfolio, and observations in the practice by an assessor who will visit the practice
* Trained to reassure patients, coordinate dental stock, decontamination, and sterilising equipment
* Any other ad hoc responsibilities as reasonably requested
* Bonus paid upon completion of apprenticeship
* Auto enrol pension scheme
* 24/7 access to free Employee Assistance Programme
* 20 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Eye care vouchers for VDU users
* Regular in house professional development sessions acceptable to the GDC
* GDC registration, and online CPD funded
* Career opportunities across the Dentex Health group
What we need from you
* Maths and English GCSEs grades A-C
* If you don’t have GCSEs, you must complete the equivalent Functional Skills qualifications in order to meet the requirements of the training course
* Good communication and customer service skills, keeping patient satisfaction in mind
* Strong professionalism and relationship building skills
* Able to work intuitively and adapt to change
* Appreciation of the importance of health and safety
* Vaccinated against Hepatitis B and Covid-19