Job Title: Social Impact Coordinator Apprenticeship Level 4Location: Warrington, UK Compensation: £16,243 + benefitsRole Type: Full time / Fixed term
Role ID: SF 44640 Work for the world you want to live in.
Wouldn't you want to live in a world where people, populations and the planet thrive? Where technology protects rather than threatens. Where societies feel safe and secure. Where cities and continents feel part of one global community.
We're an international aerospace, defence and security company, with sites all-round the UK, that do loads of exciting and important things to make the world safer and more secure. We defend nations, save lives and protect communities around the globe.Cavendish Nuclear
We are Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group and the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly skilled workforce we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
A career with us is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.At Cavendish Nuclear we put people first. Work with us and you'll discover that our focus on people is unique.Social Impact Coordinator Apprenticeship:
Social Value practitioners are found in all industries and are increasingly a key component of virtually all types of business models where profit and growth are a means to an even greater end such as protecting the environment and improving societal sustainability. The nuclear industry is no different.
The purpose of this apprenticeship is to develop the Social Value Practitioners of the future. In this role, you will be a key member of the PP&E programme team and will be supported to develop and apply academic knowledge of Social Value and Sustainability to support our deliverables for our customer AWE. The successful candidate will report to the Social Impact Manager with line management from the Programme Director..
As part of the apprenticeship, individuals will spend time undertaking placements across a range of business areas.Possible placements
PP&E is a huge framework of collaborative work with huge value that we have responsibility to ensure this value reaches into the communities of the site and AWE but also into more remote areas of the local and UK supply chain.
This role will ensure we keep the drumbeat of social value and creating impact for PP&E and a keynote case study for best practice for both Cavendish Nuclear but also the customer; helping innovate and drive ambitions for social change and make these a reality that are embedded and implemented across the organisation.
The roles and responsibilities will span a number of different activities as detailed below.
The social impact administrator (SIA) in this occupation will interact with a variety of internal stakeholders and be responsible for supporting effective stakeholder management; facilitating change by helping others to understand how different roles fit within the strategy and how everyone's contribution can impact the greater good.
Externally, the SIA will also have to collaboratively reach out into the community in order to understand the views of external organisations such as charities, social enterprises, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), or local and central government and how best the programme can support.
The SIA needs to be passionate about social and environmental change, and will strive to role model ethical behaviour and values. Key to this will be getting other stakeholders on board and demonstrating the value of Social Value to the business.Qualifications you'll get:
Level 4 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Apprenticeship Standard What you'll need:
A Level Qualifications / or equivalent (no specific subjects are required)
A minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade 4 (C) or above including English, Science, and Maths at Grade 5 (B) or above
Passion for social value
This apprenticeship is ideal for individuals with no social value experience as well as individuals with experience of social value or community work, charity work or positions in local council. This apprenticeship will develop the core competencies for aspiring Social Value and Sustainability professionals to successfully forge a career in ESG.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll get:
- Own and deliver initiatives and campaigns that contribute to the PP&E Programme Social Value Strategy.
- Identify and build internal relationships to foster buy-in to existing and future Social Value initiatives with the aim of integrating ethical policies and behaviour into everyday programme practices.
- Act as a business contact by actively engaging with community organisations (charities etc.) in order to drive social impact.
- Contribute to regular communications to promote initiatives and update colleagues across the programme on Social Value best practice.
- Collect and input CR&S data from across the programme in order to contribute said data to industry and mandatory reporting requirements
- Help organise Social Value related events that engage internal and external stakeholders by owning the administrative and logistical aspects.
- Keep abreast of developments to ensure the business is aware of current and future opportunities and challenges in relation to socio-economic issues by representing the business at Social Value events and conferences.
- Monitor spend on Social Value activity in order to achieve targets within spend. Escalate budgetary risks to senior programme leaders.
- Help to ensure that all colleagues, where appropriate, are trained on the practical application and integration of Social Value to their daily duties.
- Contribute towards the business submitting to industry/topic-specific rankings about the programme and relevant memberships to third-party accreditations which measure the social impact of the business.
- Contribute Social Value information and news towards internal and external communication channels such as internal newsletters or social media posts.
Babcock International Work for the world you want to live in. Work to leave a positive legacy that is felt for generations. Work as one team, one Babcock and create a safe a secure world, together.For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate, and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Application Guidance
- Generous benefits including:
- Very competitive starting salary
- Fully funded qualifications up to degree level may be available
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Pension scheme with employee contributions matched up to 8% of salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working (by local arrangement)
- Discounted shopping and half-price cinema tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at the interview.
For help with your application and advice on your CV please visit https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/apprenticeships/#LI-POSTJob Segment:
CSR, Apprentice, Management, Entry Level