Job Title: Apprentice Rail
Location: Belfast, UK
Compensation: £13,721 - £16,727
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF44177Inspire Change.
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Rail Apprentice for Babcock Rail in Belfast.Rail Translink
The Rail Apprentice role is based within Babcock Rail, Northern Ireland.
We're working to deliver multi-million-pound rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the rail operator, Translink. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there are some incredible opportunities.Rail Apprenticeship:
Whilst on the apprenticeship you will:
Qualifications you'll get:
- Undertake work as directed ensuring acceptable productivity and workmanship.
- Ensure all work is carried out taking due cognisance of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Attend Training Courses and gain competence as set by personal development programme, always applying best effort and attendance.
- Use power tools and portable plant where certified to do so.
- Implement safe systems of work
- Assist with the carrying out of auxiliary duties
Higher level Apprenticeship (HLA) in Construction EngineeringWhat you'll need:
- GCSE Grade C or above in a minimum of 5 subjects, which must include Maths, Physics and English.
- Good Communication Skills.
What you'll get:
- Dedicated and Enthusiastic.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to drive or willing to learn.
Generous benefits including:
Very competitive starting salary
Fully funded qualifications up to degree level may be available
Personal development training and opportunities
Pension scheme with employee contributions matched up to 8% of salary
25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Flexible working (by local arrangement)
Discounted shopping and half-price cinema tickets
Cycle to work schemeBabcock International
Work for the world you want to live in. Work to leave a positive legacy that is felt for generations. Work as one team, one Babcock and create a safe a secure world, together.
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate, and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at the interview.
For help with your application and advice on your CV please visit https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/apprenticeships/#LI-POSTJob Segment:
Construction Engineer, Apprentice, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level, Management