Apprentice Dental Nurse (FTC)
- Job Reference: 00071607-1
- Date Posted: 29 April 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Tavistock, Devon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Temporary
Come and join us at Harwood Dental Practice, a bespoke boutique practice set in the heart of Tavistock within the beautiful setting of Dartmoor National Park.
Our practice prides itself on providing high end treatments using the most innovative equipment and procedures. Working with highly motivated clinicians you will be trained to the highest standards igniting your passion for dentistry.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit somebody curious and motivated to embark upon a rewarding dental nurse career.
You will be enrolled on a government funded apprenticeship, and supported throughout the learning journey by your practice and tutor. Upon completion of your studies you will qualify as a dental nurse and be able to register with the General Dental Council.
The Harwood team are waiting to welcome you.
What the role involves
* Opportunity to work part time Monday 9.45am - 8pm, Tuesday 8.45am - 5pm and Thursday 8.45 - 1800
* Alternative Saturdays 8.45am - 3.15pm
* Understand the vision and brand message for the practice and deliver outstanding customer service experiences
* Between 15 and 18 month government funded course seeking a Dental Nursing Level 3 qualification
* The role will be 80% on the job learning and 20% studying with a reputable course provider
* The course is delivered in a ‘blended learning’ style i.e., coursework and portfolio pieces will be completed online or in a classroom environment
* The dental nurse apprenticeship consists of unit exams, a portfolio, and observations in the practice by an assessor who will visit the practice
* Trained to reassure patients, coordinate dental stock, decontamination, and sterilising equipment
* Any other ad hoc responsibilities as reasonably requested
* Bonus paid upon completion of apprenticeship
* Auto enrol pension scheme
* 24/7 access to free Employee Assistance Programme
* 20 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Dental allowance and eye care vouchers for VDU users
* Regular in house professional development sessions acceptable to the GDC
* GDC registration, and online CPD funded
* Career opportunities across the Dentex Health group
What we need from you
* Maths and English GCSEs grades A-C
* If you don’t have GCSEs, you must complete the equivalent Functional Skills qualifications in order to meet the requirements of the training course
* Good communication and customer service skills, keeping patient satisfaction in mind
* Strong professionalism and relationship building skills
* Able to work intuitively and adapt to change
* Appreciation of the importance of health and safety
* Vaccinated against Hepatitis B and Covid-19