Apprentice Dental Nurse (FTC) (40hpw)
- Job Reference: 00077431-1
- Date Posted: 17 June 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Saffron Walden, Essex
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent
Our practice is growing and we need someone who is friendly and committed to join our fantastic team.
You will be fully supported when doing your course and we ensure that you have time to complete your coursework. We are happy to to take on apprentices that have already started the course and will fully support them on the transition.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit somebody curious and motivated to embark upon a rewarding dental nurse career.
You will be enrolled on a government funded apprenticeship, and supported throughout the learning journey by your practice and tutor. Upon completion of your studies you will qualify as a dental nurse and be able to register with the General Dental Council.
Please apply now!
What the role involves
* Opportunity to work full time, Monday to Friday 08.15 - 17.15
* Course start date: July 2022
* Understand the vision and brand message for the practice and deliver outstanding customer service experiences
* Between 15 and 18 month government funded course seeking a Dental Nursing Level 3 qualification
* The role will be 80% on the job learning and 20% studying with a reputable course provider
* The course is delivered in a ‘blended learning’ style i.e., coursework and portfolio pieces will be completed online or in a classroom environment
* The dental nurse apprenticeship consists of unit exams, a portfolio, and observations in the practice by an assessor who will visit the practice
* Trained to reassure patients, coordinate dental stock, decontamination, and sterilising equipment
* Any other ad hoc responsibilities as reasonably requested
* Bonus paid upon completion of apprenticeship
* Auto enrol pension scheme
* 24/7 access to free Employee Assistance Programme
* 20 day holiday allowance plus bank holidays (pro rata)
* Eye care vouchers for VDU users
* Regular in house professional development sessions acceptable to the GDC
* GDC registration, and online CPD funded
* Career opportunities across the Dentex Health group
What we need from you
* Maths and English GCSEs grades A-C
* If you don’t have GCSEs, you must complete the equivalent Functional Skills qualifications in order to meet the requirements of the training course
* Good communication and customer service skills, keeping patient satisfaction in mind
* Strong professionalism and relationship building skills
* Able to work intuitively and adapt to change
* Appreciation of the importance of health and safety
* Vaccinated against Hepatitis B and Covid-19