|Location||Barnsley, South Yorkshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + based on experience||Sector||Engineering|
Blue Arrow are representing a client who are a successful player in the Global Industrial and Manufacturing sector with an excellent reputation in their field.
They are a respected manufacturer of innovative technologies, supplying highly specialised, engineered solutions for a range of industries.
A vacancy has been created due to an internal promotion for a Applications & Projects Engineer who reports to the Aftermarket Manager.
Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include preparing, coordinating and issuing detailed quotations for equipment, parts and service.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
* Prepares technical tenders for parts, assemblies & repair work
* Review and interprets customer requirements and specifications
* Co-ordinates with other departmental functions to compile costing, quality and technical requirements
* Liaise with external sales personnel on open and ongoing opportunities.
* Review & interpret shop inspection reports (Use/Rework/Replace)
* Co-ordination of service centre repair & overhaul work with production department.
* Overseeing warranty and site support post-delivery activities
* Ensuring projects are closed out effectively, finalising all commercial aspects, client requirements, facilitating a lessons learned session, collating and circulating feedback where required.
* Supporting Continuous Improvement activities across the site through demonstrating and demanding process excellence and identifying & implementing improvement initiatives where required
* Excellent technical capability.
* Able to identify parts and service requirements across a range of rotating equipment.
* Both commercially & production focused
* Proven track record of customer service ethos.
* Interacts with customers by phone or in person to provide information and to ensure the best technical service possible.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* HNC/HND or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field is essential.
* 3-5 years experience of customer service orientated engineering organization
* Ideally have previous experience within a commercial engineering role or project driven heavy industry/manufacturing environment
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
To apply for the role please use the function via this job advertisement or email with your CV.