|Job Title:||Application Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Toby Patterson|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 16:54|
An exciting opportunity based in Reading for a well-established company who have built themselves an excellent reputation for innovative and high quality products.
They are recruiting for an Applications Engineer, to join their facility in Reading.
Key Tasks of Applications Engineer:
Generate Sales for the Company's products by :-
- Working with the internal and external sales teams to discover, qualify and close opportunities.
- Acting as the internal technical resource for customers, dealing with technical questions received by post, telephone, email, etc.
- Preparing commercial and technical proposals as required to win business.
- Liaising with Design Engineers and other departments within the Company on customers' enquiries and specifications.
- Keeping accurate records in the relevant files and computer systems of all correspondence and technical information.
- Running the Company's "RFQ" (Request for Quotation) process
Assist the internal Sales Team with the managing of Customers enquiries, RFPs, quotations etc.
As and when requested take the lead in the generation of proposals for significant projects.
Assist with Project management activity as and when required.
Assist in the general marketing activities of the company.
Perform any reasonable tasks when requested by a Manager or Director of the Company.
Occasional travel to exhibitions, trade events and customers when required.
Competence, qualifications and experience of Applications Engineer
The candidate should have a clear writing style and good communications skills, understand timescales and deadlines.
A technical background is required, preferably at Degree level - but at least HNC level or equivalent in Electronics, Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
2 years experience in dealing with customers would be preferred but not essential.
Must be familiar with Microsoft Office and Outlook. CRM experience would also be useful
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's