Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Compensation: £39,408.00 + Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51333
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Analytical Chemist at our Devonport site.The role
As an Analytical Chemist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary where you will cover a number of different areas including confined space testing, calibration of gas detectors, breathing air testing using FTIR.
Day to day, you'll carry out routine analytical techniques for water and oil testing include ICP-OES, Ion Chromatography, KF titration and others. There may also be future requirement for asbestos testing and sampling of high-pressure systems.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Supporting the Royal Navy fleet and facilities with confined space testing, ensuring the business complies with the confined space regulations.
- Carry out analytical testing and calibration.
This role requires a reasonable level of fitness due the amount physical exertion.Essential experience of the Analytical Chemist
- Experience working in a UKAS accredited laboratory preferable but not essential
- Experience working to ISO standards and H&S regulations preferable but not essential
- All training will be provided as necessary for the role.
- Would be required to pass security requirements
This role is full time, based onsite. Standard laboratory hours are 36 hours 07:30-15:45 Monday to Thursday and 07:30-13:30 Friday. However due to business requirements, there regularly is an expectation to support from 06:30. Regular overtime on Saturday or Sunday mornings is also expected. Flexible working is available based around business needs.Qualifications for the Analytical Chemist
- Degree in chemistry /relevant scientific degree or significant experience in a scientific discipline and NVQ Level 4
- UK drivers licence holder (mandatory)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role. You must be a UK National and you'll require NNPPI.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.Closing date: 05/06/2023Job Segment:
Scientific, Analytics, CSR, Engineering, Management