|Salary||£19,500 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for an Allocations Officer to place residents into suitable activities in an effective and timely manner so that all employment spaces are maximised and the number of unemployed residents is kept at a minimum.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
Salary £19,500 per annum plus 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free meals on duty, gym access, pension and shopping discounts.Main responsibilities
- Ensure all residents are signposted to an activity that best fits their needs
- Answer complaints for employment
- Understand the regime and to be able to report it for designated work areas.
- Ensure that the disciplinary procedures for residents are adhered to and carried out in a fair and transparent manner by colleagues in the wider establishment
- Competent in IT especially excel so that it can be used in conjunction with CMS to provide reporting mechanisms.
- Explain the employment policy to colleagues so rules of employment and disciplinary procedures are adhered to.
- Work as a member of a team and cover colleagues in times of staff absence
- Able to operate CMS and utilise it as a tool to manage the regime
- Numerate and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Have a very good standard of IT at level 2 or above
- Confident in dealing with residents
- Good knowledge of what Forest Bank currently offers in terms of purposeful activity,
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC