- Permanent position
- £25,000 to £35,000 per annum (Dependant on experience) plus overtime
- On call allowance (Only on call 1 in 4 weekends, no weekday on call)
- 24 Days Holiday plus bank holidays (Paid)
- Fully expensed company van
- Company mobile phone & laptop
- Company clothing
Weltech is a family run business in St.Ives, we are looking for an individual who holds the correct skills to work in a rewarding role as a Service and Maintenance engineer.
The company was Established in 1977 and we manufacture, install and service equipment across the poultry and livestock industry. Additionally we install and maintain security alarms, access control and CCTV systems.
The main job role will be to service and maintain previously installed systems, these include; intruder alarms, environmental alarms, access control, CCTV surveillance and weighing systems.
Our office is based in St.Ives, Cambridgeshire and we provide support across the UK, primarily in Norfolk and Lincolnshire. The majority of site call outs are there and back within a day, therefore you need to be a confident driver that is comfortable driving long distances. There is occasionally overnight work, you are given previous notice for this which also attracts overnight allowance.
You will need to provide calls outs as required at weekends and public holidays. The on call is weekends ONLY you will not be on call during the week. Currently the rota is 1 in 4 weeks.
Essential to the role:
- Experience with intruder alarms
- Ability to fault find (Unit level, PCB's are returned to our workshop for factory staff to repair/test)
- Experience connecting systems to single phase
- Ability to work as an individual or part of a small team
- Flexible working (i.e. occasional early starts / late finished, or to provide technical support over the phone)
- Liaising with other staff for advice on systems / technical problems
- Full driving licence
Advantageous to the role:
- Experience with installations and cabling
- Experience and/or qualifications with Intruder alarm systems.
- Experience and/or qualifications with CCTV systems
- Experience and/or qualifications with Access control systems.
- An understanding of IP Networking