|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Contract|
Secondly you are responsible to ensure achievement of the Airframe Systems D&D objectives of design, development, certification (Military and Civil) and verification of requirements for ECS installations on our aircraft. This will include;
* Internal compartment cooling (Air Conditioning,
* Internal compartment heating,
* Avionics bay cooling,
* Air filtration and purification if required by customer,
* Compartment pressurisation and smoke evacuation,
* Defogging of transparencies.
The focused responsibilities are as follows;
* Analysis of the performance of the above subsystems using specialised software and general Engineering principles and concepts,
* Define the interface requirements that have an input into the other Engineering groups and ensure that the interface requirements defined by the other Engineering groups are implemented,
* Ensure that the integration of the ECS installations are optimised to meet customer, certification and company requirements,
* Produce the test procedures and test reports related to the hardware under the responsibility of the ECS group,
* Produce flight test procedures and reports in order to verify ECS performance when installed (i.e. heating and cooling capacity, crew comfort parameters and system functionality),
* Provide specialist Engineering support to the performance of rig and aircraft testing when required,
* Provide specialist Engineering support to contribute to the definition of rotorcraft flight manuals and aircraft maintenance manuals,
* Manage external suppliers and their technical activities,
* Ensure the use and development of new technologies,
* Demonstrate fulfilment of regulations and be able to discuss them with Authority (Civil and Military),
* Provide specialist Engineering support to all Engineering departments and other Directorates including Operations, Customer Support, Programmes and Procurement,
* Develop the skills, methods and tools required to improve the capability and efficiency of tasks,
* Prepare, update and control program plans by liaising with the pertinent Technical Team Leader and with the Head of Discipline.
* Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, either as a graduate or with several years of relevant experience,
* Understanding of certification requirements such as FAR/CS 27, FAR/CS 29 and Def Stan 00-970.
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on / 01793 317850
Omega resource group are acting as the employment agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.