Air Structural Integrity Engineer
- Job Reference: 00003315-1
- Date Posted: 17 March 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
We are looking for enthusiastic Engineers with experience in the military air domain to help us deliver our growing portfolio of work.
Currently, we are seeking positive and dynamic individuals with demonstrable experience in one or more of the subject areas listed below and based in either the Farnborough or Bristol areas.
• Aircraft structural integrity
• Independent structural airworthiness advice
• Independent Technical Evaluation and Release to Service
• Design requirements
• Airworthiness policy and regulation
• Aircraft usage assessment
• Structural Health Monitoring
• Aircraft loads evaluation
• Flutter and aeroelastics
• Stores integration
• Structural teardown
• Fatigue analysis
• Flight data analysis
The role will be working as part of a wider team delivering structural integrity and airworthiness advice in support of fixed wing and rotary wing military aircraft.
The successful applicant will join a team providing high-integrity specialist advice across a range of military platforms, including Combat Air, Air Support, Training and Rotorcraft Types. We work closely with our Customers, with Design Organisations and with other stakeholders in direct support of structural airworthiness. The breadth of our portfolio provides exciting opportunities at all stages of platform life, from Design and Certification through to in-service support of ageing and historic platforms.
Will be expected to lead or be part of technical teams, exhibiting positive behaviours and values of integrity, collaboration and performance.
1. Acting as, or operating under, the overall technical lead/project manager being responsible for time, cost and quality of team and individual work
2. Production of timely and proactive engineering outputs, through attending and contributing to meetings and other communication methods, both formal and informal, as required
3. Definition and delivery of technical workplans, resources and tasks, working with the project manager on schedule, budget, risks, dependencies and constraints.
4. Ensuring effective governance of all airworthiness and safety advice, to demonstrate that the technical solution meets appropriate regulatory, legal, safety and engineering standards.
5. Fully capturing and understanding the customers’ requirements and providing innovative solutions to customers’ problems
6. Leading or contributing to bidding activities
7. Building and development of customer relationships to seek out new or follow-on opportunities
Specific domain knowledge:
1. Substantial experience in relevant aerospace structures or equivalent discipline, e.g. design, loads, fatigue or stress
2. Legal awareness within the Airworthiness domain and, in particular, the provision of advice pertaining to Airworthiness and the management of Safety
3. Knowledge of MAA regulations and understanding of MoD and MAA airworthiness policy and its application
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (e.g. Excel, Access) and other industry standard packages (e.g. nCode, Mathcad, AFGROW, etc).
1. BEng / MEng in Aeronautical Engineering or similar (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science)
2. To hold or to have suitable experience and be actively seeking Chartered Engineer status.
3. Demonstrable track record of professional experience