Advanced Engineering TrainerLocation:
Lyneham, UK - Hybrid Compensation:
£41,035 - £45,196 dependent on experienceRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Advanced Engineering Trainer at our Lyneham site.The role
As an Advanced Engineering Trainer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary.
Babcock manages all aspects of the land training cycle, delivering over 758,000 training days annually for the British Army and producing personnel that are knowledgeable, skilled, and competent to operate in the most challenging circumstances
Day to day, you'll teach level 4 and 5 modules as part of either UoP Degree or DAO Level 5 Mechanical Engineering course. This involves theoretical and contextualised lessons and course development to meet Army standards and external accreditation.
Essential experience of the Engineering Trainer,
- Deliver Contextualised Academic Lessons
- Course Preparation, including the development of blended learning materials/interactive online content.
- Apply Subject Matter Knowledge and Guidance to develop teaching material and support the course design process
- Marking of Exams and Course Work as required, including Invigilation of exams
- Current and relevant engineering/ academic knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Moodle interactive software is advantageous
- Teaching/Lecturing in FE/HE Environment, with an appreciation of modern apprenticeship requirements
This role is 37 hours per week and based onsite at MoD Lyneham. Opportunity for some hybrid working dependent on business needs.Qualifications for the Engineering Trainer,
- Must hold either a Mechanical or Electronic Degree.
- Level 4 or higher Teaching qualification is advantageous, or willing to acquire qualification that we will support with
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-CA1Job Segment:
Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Curriculum, CSR, Training, Engineering, Education, Management