Admissions Administrator (Temp) - Derby
|Job Title:||Admissions Administrator (Temp) - Derby|
|Salary:||£8.33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sangeeta Pangulier|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2019 18:09|
We are currently recruiting for an temporary ADMINISTRATOR to join our fantastic education client based in Derby, working as a key member of the admissions team. You would be working in a busy office undertaking a wide range of administrative and customer focused duties alongside other team members, acting as first point of contact for all future students.
Hours: 37 hours per week
9.00am – 5.00pm (4.30pm on Friday) with 30 minutes for lunch.
There may be a requirement to change the normal work pattern and to work outside the normal office hours to help support recruitment events. This will include evenings and weekends.
Please note this is a temporary position to start ASAP for approximately 6-8 weeks, but there may be potential for this to be extended further.
Pay Rate: £8.33 p/h
The post holder will be responsible for updating the database through accurate data input, responding to customer queries by telephone, email and face to face and providing accurate information in a friendly and helpful manner paying close attention to accuracy and detail. A flexible approach in this job is essential to support the team's priorities as main tasks will alter within the academic cycle.
The ideal candidate must be resilient and have the strength and skill set to grow and thrive in a challenging and changing environment.
- Be an ambassador and key first point of contact for our future students
- Provide excellent customer service to applicants, parents and colleagues this can be via email, telephone or face to face.
- Accurately update and maintain database records.
- Undertake evening and weekend work such as Open Days and Evening events to provide comprehensive and informative advice to applicants and parents.
- Provide support to projects within the unit
- Take an active role in the development of practices and procedures for service improvement
- Any other administrative tasks as commensurate with the level of the role
- Current work related experience using Microsoft packages
- Keen eye for detail and has a strong ability to consistently produce high quality work
- Strong ability to produce accurate written communication that is well structured
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with evidence of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active when dealing with a range of issues and problems
- Ability to respond creatively and positively to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication talents with an ability to deal with a wide range of customers
- Substantial experience of working within a busy administrative environment
- Proven experience of contributing to problem solving within a team
- Proven experience of taking ownership of the customer experience
- Experience of working effectively within organisational/external procedures/regulations
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player who can motivate and inspire others
- Methodical approach to work but is innovative and adaptable to change
- Willingness to work flexibly and be responsive to business needs and customer expectations (i.e. working some evenings and weekends, as required, with prior notice)
Located just outside of Derby city centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby. There are bus stops just outside the site, so is easily commutable from the Derby City Centre area.
Why should you apply?
We are proud to be working in partnership with one of Derby's largest Education providers. On-site facilities are available. There could be potential for longer term employment or other possible opportunities within the organisation.
Interested to know more? If you feel you can meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you to discuss further. We encourage all applications to be made via the click apply button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's