Administrator (Part Time)
|Job Title:||Administrator (Part Time)|
|Salary:||£15,199.27 per annum + £214.85 London weighting (recurring monthly)|
|Start Date:||2019-07-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 15:03|
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a part time administrator.
As an Administrator, you will actively recruit prisoners into job roles and provide general administration support across a number of Learning & Skills areas within the business performing a variety of duties to ensure the smooth running of the function and providing a service to the prison.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£15,199.27 per annum + £214.85 London weighting (recurring monthly)
28 hours per week - there is flexibility around the start and finish times. Days to work are flexible, the only requirement would be to work Fridays.
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday including bank holidays (pro-rated).
- Deal with any Employment queries
- Monitor Employment percentages
- Chair weekly Employment Boards
- Develop systems to improve functionality of Employment, Regime Monitoring and Applications
- Produce statistical reports and monthly quality assurance checks regarding available regime
- Regularly meet with work areas to discuss issues and update procedures
- Improve Employment Function: Induction process, weekly notices, collate information booklet, advertise vacancies on CMS, Notice Boards etc
- Recruit, allocate and manage the Peer Mentor Team
- Analyse statistical data and audit spot checks in line with PSO 7100
- Attend weekly meetings with the Senior Management Team to discuss employment allocations and regime
- Authorise prisoner pay sheets
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation
- Monitor and oversee all filing and ensure that record systems are kept up-to-date and stored securely
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned
- Work closely and co-operate with colleagues in other areas to ensure the safe and smooth running of the prison
- Abide by the corporate strategic directions, Contract Delivery Indicators, MoJ/NOMS service specifications and all appropriate Regulations and Health and Safety Policies
- Provide reports and a detailed analysis of the key performance targets
- Take departmental minutes when required
- Provide administrative support to the wider department covering staff absence
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage and prioritise workloads
- Good use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the complexities of the Reducing Re-Offending function
- Understanding of the Custodial Management System or a willingness to learn
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£8.52 per hour
£16000 - £20000 per annum
£10 per hour
£18150 - £19000 per annum, Benefits: 22 Days Holiday increasing to 29 plus statutory. Free parking. Perkbox
£8.5 per hour