|Salary||£18000 - £18000||Sector||Miscellaneous|
HMP Northumberland are looking for an administrator to join the team to provide general administration support across a number of areas within the business performing a variety of duties to ensure the smooth running of the function and providing a service to the prison. You will be responsible for completing administration actions in an accurate and timely way to satisfy all appropriate audit requirements and ensure that other team members are supported effectively whilst providing management information accurately and within specified deadlines. You will ensure all records maintained accurately and completed within specified legal requirements where appropriate and in accordance to any prison service order and instructions where applicablePackage description
Starting salary of £18,000 per annum.
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday. 37.5 hour shift pattern working week.
Please note: initial communication will be via email, please monitor your junk and spam folders to ensure you are aware of next stage requirements.Main responsibilities
- Deal with all correspondence in/out of the department and distribute to relevant staff/department.
- Input and assist with all typed correspondence including letters, spreadsheets and emails and use any other databases as required.
- Assist with photocopying, faxing, filing within the department.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Liaise with employees and members of the public in a polite, confident and friendly manner.
- Answer and make phone calls within the department in a polite, confident and friendly manner.
- Assist with all administration duties as and when required.
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Improving the Quality of Life of our staff, our prisoners and our local communities is a key driver for the company generally and for Sodexo Justice in particular.
Sodexo Justice (Custody) includes the HM Prisons Addiewell, Northumberland, Forest Bank, Peterborough and Bronzefield. Melaleuca Prison in Western Australia is the newest member of the group. Six Community Rehabilitation Companies provide the Community element of Sodexo Justice.