|Salary||£75.00 per day||Sector||Professional & Admin|
Location: Port Hamilton (City Centre) - Edinburgh
Pay Rate : £75.00 per day.
Working Hours – 35 Hours - Monday to Friday - 9/5.
Experience in the financial industry is not required
We are Recruiting Customer Service Representatives for an amazing opportunity working with one of the largest banks in the UK starting off in a 6 month temporary contract with the potential to go permanent and due to start on the 23rd of October 2019.
Purpose of Role:
The Actuarial Rectifications Team play a key role in ensuring that policies are managed in line with the policy provisions, policyholders’ expectations and FCA requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the team with additional actuarial input into a number of important projects including:
- Analysing different remediation approaches and writing options papers
- Writing calculation specifications
- Building models in Excel or Access
- Testing IT models
- Performing remediation calculations for policies and checking calculations
- Handling queries relating to the use of the models
- Determining approaches to non-standard cases.
- Ensuring TCF issues, cost implications and practical constraints are taken into account when formulating solutions.
- Reviewing and writing report documents relating to the project.
Key competencies, knowledge & skills:
- Minimum 2:1 or better in numerate subject, looking for a an actuarial career
- Strong technical ability in analysing problems, determining solutions and specifying calculations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Knowledge of Excel, experience in VBA preferred but not essential
- Attention to detail