|Location||City of Edinburgh||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£10.71 per hour, Benefits: Regular pay reviews & Potential to earn bonus||Sector||Security & Risk Management|
We are recruiting an Actuarial Intern for our large banking client based in the city centre of Edinburgh, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and will likely progress into a graduate Actuary Role for the right person.
So, what will you be doing?
- Analysing different remediation approaches and writing options papers
- Writing calculation specs
- Building models in Excel or Access
- Testing IT models
- Performing remediation calculations for policies and checking calculations
- Handling queries relating to the use of the models
- Determining approaches to non-standard cases.
- Ensuring TCF issues, cost implications and practical constraints are taken into account when formulating solutions.
- Reviewing and writing report documents relating to the project.
What do you need?
- It goes without saying that you will need a strong maths education, this is vital. They are really interested in hearing from people who have studied any of the STEM based degrees.
- At least a 2:1 degree and a B in Maths at Higher or A Level
- Strong technical ability in analysing problems, determining solutions and specifying calculations
- Pensions and life assurance product knowledge preferred but not essential
- Previous company-wide project experience preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail
With this role you will receive weekly pay, regular pay reviews and bonus payments. The client are very big on personal development so you will get exposure to many different banking areas which could lead to a fantastic career in the banking sector.
If this sounds like something you would like to sink your teeth into, please apply below!