|Job Title:||Actuarial Intern|
|Salary:||£75 per day, Benefits: Annual Bonus and Flex Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Laura Fraser|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 14:05|
Purpose of Role:
The Actuarial Rectifications Team play a key role in ensuring that policies are managed in line with the policy provisions, policyholders’ expectations and FCA requirements.
The key purpose of the role is to assist the team with additional actuarial input into a number of important projects including:
- Analysing different remediation approaches and writing options papers
- Writing calculation specifications
- Building models in Excel or Access
- Testing IT models
- Performing remediation calculations for policies and checking calculations
- Handling queries relating to the use of the models
- Determining approaches to non-standard cases.
- Ensuring TCF issues, cost implications and practical constraints are taken into account when formulating solutions.
- Reviewing and writing report documents relating to the project.
Key competencies, knowledge & skills:
- Minimum 2:1 or better in numerate subject, looking for a an actuarial career (A Levels / Highers – B in Maths minimum)
- Strong technical ability in analysing problems, determining solutions and specifying calculations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Knowledge of Excel, experience in VBA preferred but not essential
- Attention to detail