- Job Reference: 00096200-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Gosport, Hampshire
- Salary: £9.60 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
2 Part-time posts, each one for 20hrs per week.
Rate of pay £9.60 per hour.
Numada Healthcare Limited is an independent care company providing nursing and residential care to older persons with the aim to support them to maintain their independence and continue to live their lives the way they chose. We provide care and support to adults over the age of 18 and pride ourselves in delivering high quality care.
About the role:
Numada Healthcare Limited are seeking an activities coordinator to join the team in Thalassa Nursing Home and share with other staff in meeting the social, cultural, religious, and recreational interests and needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
* To organise a programme of leisure, social and cultural interests for residents.
* To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies, and recreations.
* To encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
* To report to the home manager or a senior member of staff any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a resident.
* To maintain accurate, up to date and individual records for residents in regard to activities.
* To take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
* To comply with the home’s guidelines, policies, and procedures at all times.
* To ensure the effective and efficient use of all the home resources.
* To attend statutory training sessions and any other training relevant to your role.
* To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
The above list is not definitive, and the responsibilities of the role may therefore be varied in accordance with on-going developments.
Each shift is 5hours. You will be required to work alternate weekends.
Requirements – Essential Criteria:
The right to work in the UK.
To have experience working with older people.
To be self-motivated and organized.
To be caring and sensitive to the needs of others.
To be an active team player but also able to work on own initiative.
To be a good communicator.
Requirements – Desirable Criteria:
QCF/NVQ level 2 or equivalent in care.
To have undertaken an accredited course in activities for the elderly or be willing to undertake such a course.
Apprenticeships funded by Numada Homecare limited
Competitive rates of pay – enhanced rates for bank holidays
Company pension schemes
Holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks per year (pro rata)
Free meals (up to 2 meals in 12-hour day shift)
Paid Breaks (up to 3 breaks in 12-hour day shift)
On call support
Paid DBS checks
Full PPE and regular self-testing provided
Vaccination and booster strongly recommended