|Job Title:||Accounts Clerk|
|Salary:||£10 - £12 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-02-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jenny Lester062|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019 11:59|
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player, ready to immerse themselves in a wide and fast-paced role. The role would be particularly well suited to an individual who would thrive in a key position in a small, friendly, results-driven company on course for continued growth.
The role will be part time and or flexible hours envisaged at around 20 hours a week.
Salary commensurate with experience.
• Responsible for the entering and accuracy of financial records including creating transactions in the company ledger and making entries into various companies SAGE software. With a firm understanding of accounting terminology and processes as well as a strong attention to detail.
• Prepares accounting reports and track accounts payable.
• Assembles deposits and keep accurate records relating to accounts receivable.
• Makes ledger entries and ensure accuracy of all transactions.
• Reconciles accounts and balance company financials.
• Researches and corrects entries as necessary.
• Compiles reports relating to activity areas, project costing, department expenditures, and company profitability.
• Records transactions so that they can be consolidated and analysed by accountants.
• Brings books to trial balance stage in preparation for the accountants to create financial statements.
• Submitting employees' monthly payroll detail to Accountants for reports to cleared with Director. Inputting of monthly payroll for payment.
• Submission of CIS information to HMRC and production of CIS Vouchers.
• Submission of company VAT returns to HMRC as per schedule.
• Querying invoices with suppliers when discrepancies are raised in liaison with the Director and Construction Manager.
• Producing sales invoices when requested for house sales and services provided.
The pay rate offered for this position is £10-12ph depending on experience.
Essential Skills for the role
• Previous accounts and admin experience of at least two years; working within any service industry is essential.
• Proficiency in Sage accounting software package and knowledge of accounting terminology.
• Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel etc
• Knowledge of accounting rules and legislation.
• Working autonomously and in a team environment
• Excellent, clear and concise communication skills to deal with workforce and third parties.
• Adaptable and flexible approach to getting things done, with an organised and methodical approach. Attention to detail and a completer mindset.
• The ability to multi-task, and deliver against deadlines and confident to change priorities quickly when required and learn on-the-job with enthusiasm.
• Good reporting skills and ability to collect and display information in a useful way.
Please apply online or call 01283 512225 for further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's