- Job Reference: 00040209-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We take the wellbeing of our staff and stakeholders seriously. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Toshiba Carrier continues to ensure that our customer premises, assets and people remain safe and secure. Every Toshiba Carrier employee will work within government guidelines to minimise interaction and maintain social distancing, on our own premises and beyond. To that end, our talent acquisition team and hiring managers will utilise phone and video interviewing to ensure candidates remain safe whilst receiving the best possible interview experience.
Toshiba Carrier now has an opportunity for a Company Accountant to join our team in Plymouth (Roborough - PL6 7DB). This is a central role and a key part of the Finance Team. The opportunity has arisen due to an internal promotion. It is an exciting time to join the department with an upcoming implementation of SAP driving many changes. You will be responsible for all external reporting across the UK group. You will report directly to the Financial Controller and be responsible for 3 direct reports.
You will be offered good prospects, and we are committed to developing our employees and promoting internally. Opportunities for future progression also exist within the wider Carrier group.
What will I be doing as a Company Accountant?
* Preparation of Statutory Accounts for the TCUK group
* Act as lead liaison for external audit
* Complete and submit UK & Irish VAT returns
* Management of the deferment duty scheme
* Liaison with group tax specialists and creation of Tax packs
* Oversea month end closing
To be successful in this role you will:
* Ideally be a fully qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
* Have comprehensive knowledge of current accounting standards and VAT
* Have experience working in a large corporate environment
* Be experienced in the preparation of statutory accounts
* Have experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns
* Ideally knowledge and experience of US GAAP principals
* Be highly organised with strong communication skills
* Experience of leading a small team will be highly regarded
What can we offer you?
* Competitive salary
* 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, plus option to purchase additional days
* Generous pension scheme
* Experienced, dynamic and highly skilled leadership team
* Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
More about us:
Creating solutions for people and our planet, our company values are our absolutes - RESPECT, INTEGRITY, INCLUSION, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE. We work and win together, while never compromising our values.
A worldwide leader in the manufacture of energy-efficient air conditioning systems, Toshiba Carrier UK (a Carrier company) supply leading air conditioning systems and controls for a range of applications from large offices, hotels, hospitals, healthcare facilities, universities, leisure centres and national retail outlets through to small residential projects. Our product range encompasses VRF, Split Systems, Air to Air heat exchangers, Air curtains, Air to water heat pumps and controls.
We welcome applications from Company Accountants, Accountants and Group Accountants, who live within a commutable distance of Plymouth, Roborough, Bickleigh, Southway, Woolwell, Plympton, Tavistock, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Exeter, Launceston, Bodmin, St Austell and Wotter