Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Healthcare provider, and we are currently looking to recruit a number of 111 Health Advisors to join their expanding team based at their Derby site.
We have a number of part-time and full-time permanent posts available but these will mainly be working evenings, overnights and weekends on a rota basis.
About the Role
As a Health Advisor for the NHS 111 Service, you will be working as a key member of the team in a busy fast-paced environment. You will be providing call handling for patients requiring urgent medical assistance ensuring the appropriate response is given based on the patient's symptoms/needs.
Duties will include:
* Taking and dealing with a high number of telephone calls from members of the public
* Communicating with a wide range of people including patients, relatives and representatives, colleagues, appropriate staff in local primary and secondary care services, social services, ambulance services and out of hours and other related services within the local health economy.
* Delivering excellent customer service
* Dealing with a range of patients medical queries including urgent medical assistance
* Logging calls and updating information in the system in a timely and efficient manner using the in-house NHS Pathways software
* Escalate patient calls to a Clinical Advisor where appropriate
* Dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
* Significant experience of working with the general public
* Experience of handling face-to-face and/or telephone enquires
* Excellent keyboard skills/computer skills
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to be proactive and have good use of initiative
* Demonstrate previous experience (minimum of a year) in a care, customer service or call centre environment
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Organised and reliable
* Work quickly and accurately under pressure
* £8.67 p/h basic rate
* £9.79 p/h - enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
* £10.83 p/h - enhanced rate weekends
We have a number of part-time and full-time positions available (see below). These will be based on different shift patterns that will be between Mon-Sun, and include working 3 out of 4 weekends and 6 out of 8 bank holidays.
* 15 hours per week - between 11:00 - 22:00 (weekdays) & 08:00 - 22:00 (weekends)
* 18 hours per week - between 11:00 - 22:00 (weekdays) & 08:00 - 22:00 (weekends)
* 20 hours per week - between 16:00 - 00:00 (weekdays) & 14:00 - 00:00 (weekends)
* 24 hours per week - between 13:00 - 02:00 (weekdays and weekends)
* 30 hours per week - between 13:00 - 02:00 (weekdays) 13:00-02:00 and 08:00-18:30 (weekends)
* 37.5 hours per week - between 13:00 - 02:00 (weekdays) 13:00-02:00 and 08:00-18:30 (weekends)
The interview process will include of a successful agency registration, an assessment including telephone based scenario questions, and a final interview.
You will be advised either way upon completion of the final interview process if you have been successful.
If you have been successful compliance checks (including 3 years referencing), an Enhanced DBS checks (Child and Adult Workforce) and Medical Assessments will then be conducted.
Once the above has been successful, you must be available for three weeks to complete the required training at Derby or Chesterfield (which could include day time or out of hours). A further 3 weeks will be required either day time or out of hours for supervised practice.
If you are unable to commit to any of the above application stage, unfortunately your application will be unsuccessful.
Why should you apply?
Working in a challenging yet rewarding role that would be making a huge different to people's lives on a daily basis. This is also a great opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, where many opportunities including career progression and benefits are available.
- On-site parking available
- On-site canteen and other facilities available
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression
- Learn new skills and receive feedback on your performance.
Located in Pride Park, so near Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. The site is also easily commutable to via bus services, as there are bus stops a short walk from the site, and a 5 minute walk from Derby train station.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.