1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant Primary
- Job Reference: 00013358-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Rochester, Kent
- Salary: £65.00 to £75.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Kent Teaching Solutions are currently looking for several experienced tutors to provide one-to-one tuition in primary schools to pupils with Special Educational Needs who have missed out on months of education due to Covid-19.
You will work with children and young people who need extra support, or require an advanced programme of learning, in order to reach their full educational potential.
You may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties.
* Set clear rules for behaviour during the session
* Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
* Use special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
* Use specialist skills
* Collaborate with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum
* Assess children who have long or shortterm learning difficulties and work with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
* Liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
* Create a good learning environment to help pupils achieve their potential
* Monitor pupils’ progress, assessing pupils’ work and giving constructive feedback
* Experience of 1:1 tutoring, or teaching experience
* Solid competency with teaching KS1 & KS2 Literacy and Numeracy
* To be able to provide emotional support to children
* The ability to work well with others
* The ability to come up with new ways of doing things
If you are a tutor who is interested in applying for this role then click 'APPLY NOW' or call us to one of our experienced consultants today.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults therefore all successful appointments are subject to relevant qualifications, satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and other relevant vetting checks being made